Friday, April 12, 2019

Lack

What lack I yet?

The Easter story is unfolding again during these coming days. As I read the scriptures I am drawn to observing the reactions  of those around him-during Passover, in the garden, those who interact with Jesus during his interrogations, the road to Calvary. I notice the things they lack-commitment, desire, understanding, love.


Perhaps I see those things because I feel the lack of deeper love for Him. I decided this morning to stop fighting that empty feeling. It is appropriate to recognize and be with that realization. I see the light. It's coming from the East. There will be a resurrection and it will invite me to rise up with more faith. 


2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking this morning that I was missing your words here, Gabriele! I think it is good to recognise those times when we lack deep love for God and allow him to work that new life in us. The photo you shared is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Easter says you can put death in the grave, but it won't stay there."--Clarence W Hall

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?