Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back on the floor again at the Yoga Center

I took a really delicious yoga class yesterday. It has been a long time since I have taken class at the Yoga Center. Two years ago I was a regular on this floor. I took some time away from classes to develop my own yoga practice and then Jen started practicing with me. She invigorated my thinking and kept me practicing at home.
The class yesterday was taught by Nicole. It felt great doing her practice, so rejuvenating. Having a teacher always gives me new ideas to mull over in my head. I listened to her talk about the breath as the vehicle to move from the outer body to the inner landscape. Coming to the breath, or being attentive to the breath, opens the way to be connected with the spirit within. I find that when my mind is distracted by the ebb and flow of breath it becomes quiet, then add to that a quiet body and finally the spirit can rise up and speak peace. That is the language my spirit speaks; "be still and know that I am God."

         I will be spending time there on Tuesday mornings. There are lovely people in class; all with different bodies and different smiles.
So I declare March yoga month. 
Time to walk through this door and prepare to connect spirit to body.
After class I can watch the little bustling town I live in. It is a really good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?