Saturday, October 1, 2022

Flashes Of Light

 


Not electric, not fire,

not weather in the heavens,

The light flashes appear

Not as I count sixes or sevens.


They can’t be seen by the eyes

Only evidence when I look back,

  Then I notice the ripples

And they become easy to track.


       Recently I heard Stephen J. Lund speak  about a business trip he took to the Far East. He said that during the drive from the airport, he felt inspired to look through small gaps in concrete wall slabs through the bridge they were driving on. Through those gaps he could see a beautiful view. He compared the light coming through the gaps to the  flashes of light people receive from God during  life’s journey.

“Life often presents like an incessant grey wall stretching off into nowhere, but here and there, if you watch for them, flickering assurances of God’s love for us will become evident.” 

It may be a knowing that someone or some experience will have a lifelong impact. Sometimes it comes as assurance that you are invited to step forward and pursue the light. These are more than coincidental events. They are more than serendipity. They are similar road signs or landmarks that appear over and over again in your life. 

This is a landing page for the daily posts. I invite you to click the links and read along when they become live.

October 1- Introduction To My Theme "Flashes of Light"

October 2- Bonding With My First American

October 3- My Third Grade Teacher

October 4- Buying The Piano

October 5- The Speech Class In 9th Grade

October 6- Learning To Serve Through Music

October 8- Daring To Debate

October 9- Entering The University

October 10- Should We Marry

October 11- Into The Fire

October 12- The Blessings Of Giving Birth

October 13- Imposter Syndrome

October 14- Who Knows Your Child Best?

October 15- The Audacity To Start a Business

October 16- Your Son Is In The Principal's Office

October 17- I Was Called To The Black Hole

October 18- Traveling To Germany

October 19- Jump Out Of The Boat

October 20- My Early Morning Guests 

October 21- Discovery My Creativity

October 22- Battling With Resistance

October 23- No, Not One

October 24- The Last Witness To My Birth

October 25- My Walk With Cancer

October 26- A Gathering Of Women

October 27- On getting Older

October 28- Some Of My Things

October 29- Some Of My Things Part 2

October 30- Some Of My Things Part 3

October 31-Some of My Things Part 4

October 31- Summary Of Flashes Of Light



2 comments:

  1. Love your theme and look forward to following your posts during this challenge. I'm visiting from Kate's linky at #1.
    Do visit if you have the time and are so inclined.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?