Thursday, March 24, 2011

Seeking Signs

Feeling a little under the weather, today I wondered around my house seeking for signs.There were signs of spring. My friend Kim left a lovely pot of daffodils last week.
They were still blooming, bringing cheer to the cozy kitchen. I wandered by my tulip painting. It is one of my favorites. Painted by Donna Romero, an islander, it attracted me back four Mothers Day's ago and still holds it's attraction.
Every spring I buy orange, red tulips and place them in close proximity, art imitating life.
Spring is officially here. On the kitchen table I see other signs. Signs that I had grandkids visiting yesterday.
A pirate puzzle is put together, a sign that AL kept himself busy waiting for his Dad to trade out snow tires for  regular tires. He is an amazing puzzler. He will not heed my advise to start with the edge pieces; he just randomly finds connecting parts.
I think he may get the jigsaw puzzle thing from me. Another sign of grandkids was a book left on the table.
It is not just any book, it is my 1950 copy of the Bobbsey Twins at the Seashore which I received when I was 8. In the inside cover is the signature of my MamaDaughter who claimed it as her own 25 years ago. Right now it is beloved by my granddaughter M. who must have been reading, also waiting for her Dad. All these signs bring me joy on a day when I could feel sorry for myself, since I had to cancel a few things to rest.  A sign can be a wonderful thing. It is a promise that something really did happen and a hope that other things will indeed come to pass.

2 comments:

  1. We missed you today! I love reading your blog - feel better soon, and we'll see you next time! From Angela and Shelby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for your sweet message. It made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?