Friday, February 6, 2015

Keep

     Keeping too much is currently out of favor in society. I am reminded often that I keep to much stuff. I should discard, donate, or destroy much of my hoarded things from the past. While I agree that stuff is a burden I do want to keep certain possessions that are vital to my happiness or better yet, are the root of my joy.


     One of those possessions is my faith in God. Keeping faith with Him is an ongoing focus. I especially see in the natural world how He keeps faith with me. I believe He uses Nature to remind me that he will always provide a means to renew, restore, and rebuild my faith just as he brings Spring back every winter. I'll keep my faith in Him fresh by thanking Him for my life and limb, by being an example of his lovingkindness, and by reading his word with a desire to act in faith.



I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.


1 comment:

  1. Love your post....the quote at the top made me laugh (ribbistrate indeed!)....I also find renewal and strength in Nature and hear Him speaking most strongly when I'm in Nature.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?