Friday, May 1, 2015

Door

   A doorway can be an entry point or a barrier. What lies beyond scan be a mystery or a beloved refuge. Doors hold hostility or welcome. My master knocks and often I am absent. How can I show him that coming through my door is what I desire from him?


    There are times when my door is only a facade. The ruins are visible but I am long gone down other paths. I deceive myself into thinking he will be fooled by the exterior. Woe is me! I want more than that in our relationship. When he comes knocking I want to be in my Sunday best, the table set, and something warm on the stove.
    Revelations 3:20
       "Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any woman hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to her, and will sup with her, and she with me."


 I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

2 comments:

  1. Love your post. I think He doesn't see exteriors: isn't that beautiful?! Imagine just being able to see straight to someone's heart! The world would be a much simpler place to navigate! I didn't know the verse you mention (Revelations 3: 20); it's so beautiful! The last photo is achingly beautiful and makes me so curious (it's the writer in me): whose home/business was it? What happened to it? Where are the owners now? And then I'm imaging all the tales of all the people who visited the business....how delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, you always say the most thoughtful things. Thank-you.

      Delete

What do you think?