Friday, June 12, 2015

World

  Today's prompt is the word world. It feels overwhelming to consider the world and what that word means to me. My world, the world I see and interact with, is small. There is work and there is play. There are friends and there is family. Sometimes I feel like I am in my world, alive and vibrant, and sometimes I feel that I am a poor lonely traveler who has stopped in the wrong places and said the wrong things.


    There are tremors in my world right now. I'm uncomfortable in some well worn paths. I have an anger growing inside towards myself and change I need to make. My prayers are sticky. I want. I want without the effort. My Savior said that I was to be in the world but not of the world. Of what shall I be?  Of spirit, of truth, of joy? Reaching for it; that is what I'm doing. Reaching wide and long.
   

I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?