When we talk of trusting God, is it a fearful thing because we don't trust ourselves?
How might we grow to trust ourselves more?
The "Anatomy of Trust" is a free online class which unpacks trust into smaller bites. If I were to place a marble inside a jar for every action that shows trust in myself how full would the jar become? Here are seven ways we can grow in trust.
- Boundaries that are reasonable to follow
- Reliability in the commitments I make
- Accountability for my mistakes and successes
- Vault like integrity for things that should not be shared
- Integrity to live by my values
- Non-judgement of myself when I fall
- Generosity towards myself and kindness towards others
I believe I see growth in my reliability towards myself and the accountability I feel to my own decisions. It is almost three years of going to the gym three times a week. Years of choosing consistent writing and making art. I've learned to put off the temptation to use informations about others to promote intimacy. I can catch myself and turn my mean spirited self-talk to more compassionate conversation. I feel like I'm growing. There are more marbles in my jar. With that growth I can turn to my Heavenly Father and trust that I can keep his commandments better. I want Him to trust me.
I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.