Friday, August 11, 2017

Place

                     Can You Save Me A Place?



   Is there anything more inclusive than coming to an event and seeing that someone who cares for you has saved you a place?  I remember going to an outdoor concert and pushing through the crowd to see an empty place by my friend and knowing it was for me.




   Another common feeling is the sense of losing my place. My relationship with God has many periods where I am hoping that I haven't lost my place with Him. I look for assurances. My journal has pages where I write the experiences of knowing He is in my life, for that day. On another page I have evidences that He prompted me to act and the outcome was sure. These entries encourage me to act in faith and hope that my place with him is secure.





Ether 12:4 “Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.”





 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.


6 comments:

  1. What a blessing it is to know that as his children our eternity is secure in Him! It makes all the difference in my faith!
    Christy

    Had to give up homeskoolmom.com I'm writing at mywritingplayground.com these days. I'm in the lucky 13 spot this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's such a great feeling to know that someone has cared enough to save us a place. And recording times when we see God at work and know he's with us can definitely give us hope and build our faith in the times when he feels more distant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your series on children's ministry.

      Delete
  3. So true! Love when friends/family save me a seat.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?