Friday, September 8, 2017

Pacing My Work

       Nurturing my students  in September

My work is helping students to love the piano. My calling is to teach. Since grade school I desired to be a teacher. What I would teach and where was up in the air, even after college. Now, after 30 years, my calling is sure and my work clear. 



The month of August was a recovery month. I had a knee replacement so September requires a different pace. Hopefully my pace will be not too much slower but more deliberate. 



Right out of the gate I wanted a focus. Our work this fall as a studio will be to explore the Baroque period from 1600-1750. Being a court musician was serious work back then, ha! ha! What might be just old fashioned music is also intriguing style including dance, composing, and art. 



With the fancy wigs this week my pace will increase next week to digging into a Baroque piano piece, learning more about the times in Europe, and finding out how Bach stayed so popular for four hundred years.


I am so glad to be back to work.





 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for more than three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing well, Gabriele, and that you're back at work. The wigs look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wigs--you are so creative! I'm sure your students are looking forward to working with you again this fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Kristi. I want them all to want to come.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the wigs!!!! What a fun way to teach. From my understanding Baroque is also great to listen to while studying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing better, and doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?