Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Sweet Mother

Today is my mother's birthday. She has passed but I think of her so often.She was born in 1910 so if she had lived until today she would have been 101.
I love this picture of the three sisters in their early twenties. My mother is on the right.
Here she is as a first time mother. Great hairdo, huh? I think I could wear that do. The baby is my oldest brother.
She was a talented and organized woman. I owe her all for insisting that I keep playing the piano. I would have gladly quit but it just was not going to happen. She was my spiritual compass and though I rebelled over many issues I wanted to be what she would have me be. 
This picture is of her later eighties. Happy Birthday, Mama, and thank-you so much. You raised me from the floor up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?