Sunday, October 30, 2011

Book of Mormon Sunday- Moroni 9-10

  I have come to the end of adventure of writing about my Book of Mormon reading, I started January 1, 2011.


 These last few chapters are hauntingly sad. Comfort does not come from man for Mormon or Moroni. They are only lifted up by Christ. I am saddened by the coarseness of the people Mormon describes, yet at the same time amazed by the hope and strength of Moroni. How are they lifted up by the spirit?
  God has been merciful to his children. Moroni asks us to remember this and it is also the plea from Nephi at the end of chapter 1 of First Nephi. Remember the tender mercies given to man from a loving God. And, as you come to know God do not, do not deny his power. He shows his power through gifts bestowed upon men to do good things which point to Christ. The greatest of these being charity.
  Moroni 10:32 "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."
   As I come to an end of reading these important words I think what I learned from this time is that it is important to respond to this book. The times I wrote about, prayed about, or shared with others held the most meaning. I am considering turning around tomorrow and starting the project again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?