Thursday, March 15, 2012

Swingset Music and Movement Goes Into the Studio

   Big news! The Swingset Music Duo is heading into the studio this weekend to do professional recordings of their original songs.


   This is a big dream come true as over the years we have written many songs to use in our music and movement classes. A favorite song of mine is Singing Stories which we are using currently in our classes.
I wrote it just after taking a cruise to Alaska and I was enamored with the Inside Passage.

Sing Me A Story

I ride a sailboat in my imagination
I take a ferry to places in my mind
Take me along as we cruise the inside passage
Open the pages, let's see what we can find

Sing me, Sing me a story.
Sing me, Sing me a rhyme
Take me and wrap me in your arms
Just do it one more time

I am a froggy who wants to find a sweetheart
A teddy bear, lunching in the woods at night
My bags are packed so my aunt and I can travel 
All these are stories,  can't wait for us to start.

   The studio is big with state of the art equipment and the engineer is so very nice. I will know so much more about recording when I'm done with project. Tell you more next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?