Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another Milestone or Floursack

         The day has arrived. I've lost another five pounds for a total of twenty amazing pounds.


    Every five pounds I make my husband, who is a wonderful father and grandfather, take a picture of me in the baking section of our local grocery store to record how many sacks of flour are equal to my weight loss. He does it willingly unless I ask for another, better, shot. Then, he is not so much into it.
   So, you may ask, how are you doing it? Hard work and determination is my every day mantra. I record my calories and exercise everyday on Lose It! I jump on my fitness trampoline 35-45 minutes every day, and I must tell you I haven't missed a day since April 4, 2012. I do yoga 3-4 times a week and Pilates once a week. This makes me sound so self-righteous, yuk! The real story is that I intend to keep this up for the rest of my life. Whoa, that is overwhelming………..but, it has to be true.
   Many emotional hurdles have come up as I have walked this road. I didn't overeat because I was happy. Food was a comfort when my days were too harried and out of control. Enter Yoga and Jumpng…..as a replacement for the comfort of the sugar and carbohydrate high. Yoga brings a lower heart rate to calm the out of control, monkey brain and the Jumping raises the heart rate to burn off the extra tension. Both my mat and my trampoline are right here at home, ready to go. I go out to do a Pilates class and a yoga class once a week but that never replaces what I do at home.
    To be honest, this will continue to be a battle, a one day at a time thing for me. I am only half way through this goal and then maintenance will be the real fight. Many of us go over this road again and again as we try to come to grips with our inner and outer lives.

                            Happy Father's Day to the good men in my life who make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?