Sunday, July 1, 2012

Book of Mormon Sunday II- 3 Nephi 25-30

 In these last few chapters I really connected to Mormon, the editor, whose testimony resonates throughout the Book of Mormon. I feel like he glories in the chapters written about the coming of Christ to the Nephites.  I sense that he knows this time, not just from reading the account on the plates, but he knows from the mouth of three who were there.
     3 Nephi 28:25 "Behold, I was about to write the names of those who were never to taste of death, but the Lord forbade; therefore I write them not, for they are hid from the world. But behold, I have seen them, and they have ministered unto me."


   What a powerful gift is given to three apostles from the New World, a chance to minister till the end of time. For Mormon they are angels sent from Christ to sustain him in perilous times. If I have learned anything from this second reading and writing about the Book of Mormon, it is that God desires to sustain us in our journey through life. The principles that open a view to how he sustains us are increasing faith in his Son, Jesus Christ, opening our hearts through repentance, entering into baptism , and then receiving the power of the Holy Ghost as an ever present gift.
     3 Nephi 27:20 "Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day."
   If Jesus fulfilled his promise to come the first time then he will fulfill his promise to come again. That event lies in our future and on this Sabbath morning I am grateful for the testimonies of all those who saw him then.
     3 Nephi 26:12 "Therefore I, Mormon, do write the things which have been commanded me of the Lord. And now I, Mormon, make an end of my sayings, and proceed to write the things which have been commanded me. Therefore, I would that ye should behold that the Lord truly did teach the people, for the space of three days; and after that he did show himself unto them oft, and did break bread oft, and bless it, and give it unto them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?