Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Two Peas In A Pod


Many, many people have commented on the similarities between my granddaughter and me. "Really?", I say, "You think we are two peas in a a pod?".










We have a very strong bond and so people watching us see to happy people totally comfortable with each other. But, do we look alike? I had blond hair; she has blond hair. I have blue eyes; she has blue eyes. Well, that covers the obvious.



Whatever you think, I hope she doesn't mind years from now, when the story gets retold that we are so alike. My mother had a cousin who she loved very much. As I grew up she often said we looked so much alike. I never met her but her picture makes me wonder.


Do these genes we carry around within us come together in similar patterns and create "look alike" sets? It is hard to say but I do know when I look into my brother's face I see a my whole family history. I see my mother and father, my other brothers, and even aunts I knew so well. I totally understand why the adopted child searches for his birth family. It is so very important to look into the past to see the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?