Friday, March 25, 2016

Alive

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."



I really thought the word for Five Minute Friday would be "good". Yet, it was "alive". I was prepared to write about Good Friday and how Holy Week was constantly in my thoughts. Now I see that Jesus really has been alive for me this week as I've followed the events of his last mortal days.





There are many ways that I am more alive to the spirit than I was in years past. Some habits have died, and some are waiting to die as I muster the strength to leave behind those sins that make me less than wholehearted




I wince at seeing his suffering. Yet, I rejoice that he willingly submitted  for my sake. 




"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus, his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary, the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene."

To all the Marys who gave him so much comfort. Take heart. There will be Sunday. And he will be alive.

Other Days In This Last Week
Sunday
Monday-
Tuesday-
Wednesday-
Thursday-
Friday-
Saturday-


Sunday-




             

6 comments:

  1. I agree, there's something strange about focussing on the word "alive" on Good Friday but it's a good reminder that death is not the end of the story. I like the song on the video and her voice is remarkable for a 3 year old! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Gabriele, your words made tears run down my eyes. Thank you. Beautiful, beautiful writing. Here's to Sundays. Helen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful for your presence here.

      Delete
  3. P.S.Yay!!!! I managed to leave a comment!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Gabriele. Sunday's coming! Alleluia!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?