Friday, September 15, 2017

Support As A Product Of Nurturing

 Lend me your support. Hold me up, just for now.

Just like a product of peanuts is peanut butter, so support is a product of nurturing. I hope you don't have a nut allergy. My word of the year is "nurture" and I have learned much in nine months about how I nurture, what I nurture, and who I nurture. Nurture in 2017

In the month of September I chose to nurture my piano students. We had weeks of separation during the summer and as they come back to lessons I hear "this is hard" frequently. 


   Rather than feeling frustrated in losing skills I'm holding them up, just for now. With a bigger smile, an engaging game, a piece of music trivia to remember, or an honest admission that I lose skill too sometimes and I feel sad that what I could do easily is hard again, I hold them close. 
   I learned how to do that from God. He often just holds me up and lets me rest in the peace of knowing that he loves me. 





 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for more than three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.

6 comments:

  1. I wish my piano teacher had been like you! Nurturing your students (and God holding us up when we need it most) are beautiful images. May your intentional nurturing in 2017 bring wonderful, lifelong dividends to yours and every life you touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're nurturing and encouraging your students, and it is a great illustration of God coming alongside us and holding us up when we need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know this principle well and testify of it so beautifully.

      Delete
  3. Yes THIS: "I learned how to do that from God. He often just holds me up and lets me rest in the peace of knowing that he loves me."

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?