Friday, December 30, 2016

Hello One Little Word 2017

              My word for 2017 is nurture






nur·ture

[ˈnərCHər]



VERB 

care for and encourage the growth or development of: 

"Jarrett was nurtured by his parents in a close-knit family"



NOUN

the process of caring for and encouraging the growth or development of someone or something: 

"the nurture of ethics and integrity"



SYNONYMS

foster, cradle, nourish, sustain, cultivate







A year to learn the best way to to nurture and be nurtured. 

January-

February-

March-

April-

May-
Nurturing more moderation
May 1- Moderation in What?
May 8- Moderation in Thinking
May 15- I've Moderated Much
May 22- Setting Limits
May 29- Moderating Negative Thoughts

June-
Nurturing for the wrong reasons
June 5- The Fixer
June 28- Am I Nurturing Idleness? 

July-
Nurturing My Health
July 3- Positive Self-Talk
July 10- Nurturing Stamina and Energy
July 17- Nurturing S Relationship With health Practitioners
July 24- Nurturing Patience

August-
Nurturing Patience
August 3- The Anatomy of Patience
August 14- Patience in Waiting
August 21- The Anatomy of Patience Refined
August 28- Patience Rewarded


September- 
Nurturing My Students
September 8- Pacing My Work
September 15- Support Is A Product of Nurturing
September 18- Inviting My Students To Act
September 25- Inviting My Students To Develop Grit





October- 
Nurturing The Wilderness
October 2- Let Me Tell You About The Wilderness
October 9-Beware of Dehumanizing Words and Images
October 16- Nurturing Connection
October 23- Nurturing The Soft Front
October 30- How I Was Nurtured Reading Braving the Wilderness

November-
Nurturing Thankfulness
November 6- I Am Thankful For My Word Of The Year
November 13- Nurturing My Writing Skills
November 20- Thankful For My Imagination
November 27- The Gift That Lies Beneath The Surface

December-
Nurture As My One Little Word
December 4- A Look At The Facts
December 11- A Ritual To Remember My Word



This is a contents page to be added to each week. Please come back on Nurturing Mondays to explore with me how the word nurture can impact our lives.




4 comments:

  1. Just took a break from my to-do list at home to catch up on your December posts. It was a moment of peace and calm. Thank you.

    Nurture. This is a beautiful and essential word. I hope it is not selfish that I feel the need to nurture myself so I can be a better nurturer of everyone and everything else in my care. I look forward to reading your posts - in particular, starting off with January. And I'm curious about June. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, Darlene. I don't think it s selfish to nurture ourselves at all. Even Jesus stepped away fro the the throngs of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great word! I like the way you have planned out the year. It will help keeping you focused. I look forward to following your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your plans for your word very much. Mine is similar (nourish), but I hadn't thought of having a theme for each month. Looking forward to seeing how your word grows in your life.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?