Monday, June 25, 2018

Kein Umkehr- No Re-Entry

Failure is the only opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.
Henry Ford

I was struck by the symbol on the airport sign indicating that you cannot pass this way again if you turn around and leave.
There are pathways you can not re-enter once you leave but there are many that allow for a turn around.
My One Little Word for 2018 is Umkehr and it is a word that allows for great hope.



    Six months into 2017 I was worried that I would get tired of the word 'nurture'. I don't have those same concerns this year simple because I don't need to invent new goals or come up with a new plan, I need only to return to those goals that have worked before. 

What am I most excited about as I go into the next six months?
  *Return to my writing everyday
  *Return to healing mode as I do surgery on the second knee.
  *Return to planning group lessons for piano students in the Fall
  *Return to my weight loss program after surgery
  *Return to the art room and create something new
  *Return to visiting grandkids with my new car. Yay! I don't have to worry about the car dying on me.




"She went back to all that was comfortable and familiar while keeping her gaze looking ahead- to all that would be and could."
Colleen Attara

Click here to see a table of contents of how this word has become a focus in my life this year.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?