Monday, January 7, 2019

Be Where You Are While You Are Here

Don't chase peace away when things are okay.

 Sometimes when things are good in life I let my mind swirl with idea and plans and then I find myself burdened in the middle of a joyous time.


A steady mind is a mind that can stay on the ordinary moments of breathing, smelling the bacon on the stove, feeling the sponginess of a good wool yarn, or hearing your husband snoring.
I try to remember that my body can't feel the difference between being stressed out by an adverse event or imagining that event when it is not even happening. The heart still races, the mind is muddled, and the breathing becomes shallow. 

That is chasing peace away when things are okay.
So,
be where you are while you are here.


1 comment:

  1. I love your idea not to chase away happiness when things are ok. Worry never stopped something from happening, so I gave up worrying years ago. I prefer the joy of loving right now of even accepting not so great things for the joy they'll offer after I learn the lesson. I pray each morning for the ones struggling in my circle and then stop thinking about it. Letting God do the worrying is so freeing.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?