Monday, March 25, 2013

To Live With Cancer

I have Basel Cell Skin Cancer and am still dealing with it after 10 years. Of all the skin cancers this is "the best one to have". I hear that many times when I deal with doctors and nurses. Having an ongoing health issue is like the sailboat in the middle of the picture. You see your struggle as the one big one in the ocean of adversity.


   In reality, people have health issues everywhere and are being stoic and brave in the face of so many challenges. My challenge is small but it takes many moments of my conscious thoughts. Tomorrow I face a surgery that may finally eradicate this pest. I don't look forward to letting go of my control with the anesthesia but I know that control is a figment of my imagination. I am focusing on the positive reward of healing. There are calm waters ahead on this ocean of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?