Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Ways Of Moving

    My husband, being thin by heredity, has never promoted exercising together. I was shocked when he suggested that we try swimming together as a way of keeping fit. How could I object to something I really enjoy? So, we joined the Athletic Club and believe it or not, we are swimming three times a week.


    We technically have only been swimming together a few times because I like to go in the morning and he is limited to going in the evening. I go through all kinds of mental gyrations to get there; the pool may be too full, I look terrible in a swimming suit, I don't swim correctly,…. mostly thoughts I had when I was 14. But once I am in the water, I love it. My husband is so fun to watch as he tries out his "gear". He did not consult me when he bought everything in matching yellow. Yes, that is a snorkel.


   I still fully stand behind my six habits of happiness; pray, study, nourish, create, move, and serve. That doesn't mean they are easy to participate in every day. They do, however make me happy, when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?