Friday, March 11, 2016

Share

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;"
1 Peter 2:9

The good news of Jesus Christ is to be shared. Not pushed down another's throat but shared as a gift, most precious. I find it difficult to jump into a conversation about my Savior, even though he is vital to my happiness. Am I ashamed of him? 


Not ashamed, but I am hesitant to be thought peculiar. To stand out as someone who has values beyond honesty and niceness, can be daunting. To be chosen by God has little to do with privilege but more with responsibility. I know the mission of Jesus Christ and I covenanted to be part of his vision. I promised to share the truth that he lives. He lives, who once was dead. He lives my hungry soul to feed. He lives, to bless in time of need.


  I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, it's not always easy to share or to stand out as "different" but it's what we're called to do and it's a message people need to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with your writing I feel inspired to declare. Thank-you for writing about surrender and testimony.

      Delete
  2. It isn't easy to be peculiar is it? But oh, so necessary in the Christian life. Great words today friend! I'm in the #32 spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Christy. I so enjoyed hearing about the progress on your book.

      Delete
  3. It can be so hard to share Gods love in this world. It's not easy at all but God does call us to share it. Doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear of ridicule and rejection keep us from speaking up. I try to do what I am prompted to do by the spirit. It doesn't mean it will be well received.

      Delete
  4. Gabriele, I agree. It's hard to share about the Lord. As a person who's dealt with rejection, the thought of sharing the gospel and being rejected for it was too much to really fathom when I was younger. As I grow, I'm seeing the time is short. I'm still hesitant, but I've been thinking more about this, and praying for God's boldness and opportunities to share Him, or at least enough to be a "teaser" so people will want to know more.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Jeanne for visiting. Sharing enough to "tease" someone into asking more is a great tactic.

      Delete
  5. Responsibility, not privilege... nice perspective!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?