Monday, July 10, 2017

Nurturing Monday- Nuturing Stamina

Stam·i·na

the ability to sustain prolonged physical or mental effort:

You can do it!

As my knee replacement surgery comes closer I ask more questions. One I am curious about is how will my exercise benefit me during and after surgery? 




I expected my health providers to talk of the importance of my stronger muscles. But, each one of them mentioned the words stamina and energy. That did not occur to me, but I see the truth there. 




It will require stamina and energy to get up out of bed for the first time. It will require stamina and energy to moter around with a walker while I heal. It will require stamina and energy to push through physical therapy to get movement and extension in my new knee. 


My work in the gym for the last three years has prepared me to work harder still. Okay then, I'll nurture as much stamina in the next two weeks as possible. 







To go to the overview of My Year of Nurturing click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?