Monday, January 10, 2011

The Forest Floor

        
 Sometime ago I was looking at a blog by April Meeker who is an artist and designer. I was enjoying her whimsical sketches and her photography. I happened upon some photos of center-pieces she put together for a party. They gave me a smile and I realized I could copy her without too much effort. Years ago I was teaching about Isaiah and the lesson was on chapter 58. Verse 11 made me think.


   " And the Lord  shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not."


    I wanted to be like a garden whose watered failed not. I set about finding a symbol of a well watered garden. I found a terrarium which was perfect. I planted it and used it with my lesson. Then I let all the plants die and gather dust. (Is that symbolic?)  Seeing April's photo reminded me of my visual aid and so I have replanted it.

      
That gnome is Walter. He is laughing at my efforts to keep his habitat alive. I will show him that I can.

The wood on the right is his house. I know, he is too big for his house. But aren't we all? Can our dreams and joys and sorrows be contained in a mere house?

                                           
                                                     These are April's centerpiece's

                                
                                              I think those are M&M's in the peat pot.


You can see April's stuff at 
suaviloquy.blogspot.com
Walter, the gnome, has ladybugs on his floor. What is on your floor? And are you living in a well, watered garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?