Thursday, December 29, 2022

Relections

I Should Have Let Go


While on a walk yesterday

With my daughter and the dog, 

  She turned and bid the dog to stay,

Handed me the leash and ran off at a jog.


 The dog whimpered and watched her go.

My daughter was looking for a lost object,

  But the anxious dog didn’t know

That her quick comeback would soon take effect.

  

 

  At that point I should have let go.

The dog saw her eminent return,

  She lurched and I was unwanted cargo.

I fell and my body felt the burn.


  This was the main lesson I learned,

Some things we clutch onto, need release,

  We don’t need to be concerned 

Or be in control, let holding cease. 



  Reflecting on the year gone by I see that I have made progress in my spiritual life, my relationships, my health, and in my business. Nothing is perfect but my intentions are clear and I took many forward steps. I still have unrealized dreams, plans that are in my head but as Beth Kempton says in Calm Christmas,

 " Now after all that thinking about your dreams, its time to let go. Really! It can be powerful to think about your intention carefully, then just let it go. This allows the magic to happen. Note that 'letting go' is not synonymous with 'giving up'. Rather it means loosening your grip so that your dream is free to take it's own shape."

 Loosening your grip also lets the Holy Ghost guide you more seamlessly. When I clutch too tightly on my vision I often push against the inspiration I receive because it doesn't look like my plan. The spirit sees further and trusting His counsel is always a better choice. Maybe not easier but better eternally.

 A calm Christmas moves us into a calmer year.

                                                                                      


                                     Click here to go back to the Calm Christmas main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?