Friday, October 3, 2014

New

     Leaving the gym this morning I saw red, orange, and yellow peeking through the trees in the east. My car turned right, away from home, and started down toward the water. There were two other cars sitting before the beach. They must have felt the pull of the new day.


    I am not used to people using the greeting, "What's up?" or What's new?". If someone used that phrase today I'd say,"Did you see the new day rise?"



“You Are the New Day”
by John David

I will love you more than me and more than yesterday
if you can but prove to me you are the new day.

Send the sun in time for dawn, let the birds all hail the morning.
Love of life will urge me say, you are the new day.

When I lay me down at night, knowing we must pay,
thoughts occur that this night might stay yesterday.

Thoughts that we as humans small could slow worlds and end it all
lie around me where they fall, before the new day.

One more day when time is running out for ev’ryone,
like a breath I knew would come, I reach for a new day.

Hope is my philosophy, just needs days in which to be,
love of life means hope for me, born on a new day.


I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make
sense.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunset! Found your space through the linkup--have a lovely Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new day arrived in full color, as did mine. Thank you for capturing it, as I did not. And thank you for sharing it. Great job! #FMF

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?