Sunday, December 25, 2011

Book of Mormon Sunday II 2 Nephi 28-33


        On this day set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am moved by the verses in Luke and Matthew which tell of the angels coming to man to proclaim, comfort, and rejoice at the coming of Jesus. These angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost and even these many long years since I feel their power and my heart lifts for joy at their message.



    2 Nephi 33:1 "And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men."
   According to Nephi, when we receive the Holy Ghost we will speak with the tongue of angels. I speak the tongue of two languages, German and English, and find them eloquent in different situations, but to speak the tongue of the angels takes eloquence to a new level. This language enters the heart and changes it's DNA.
   2 Nephi 32:2 "Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost? Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."
   I testify that the greatest strengthening power comes through the Holy Ghost. This power tells me that Jesus Christ lives. He was born as each of us. His condescension testifies of his power to love us as we really are. He lived and willingly gave up his mortal life to tear apart the veil which separated us from out Heavenly Father. He magnified the will of our Father and with his stripes we are healed.
  I know that my Redeemer lives, what comfort that sweet sentence gives.
  Here are some sketches I made of this same block of scripture.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?