Friday, October 26, 2012

A Magic Moment

   As I was teaching my music and movement class yesterday I was fortunate to experience a magic moment. Mothers, caregivers, and children were settling back on the floor after some fun movement around the room. I was teaching alone, my partner was off on a short vacation, and I needed to settle this group of 22 down. We are doing a cooking theme and so we use a food song at this point in the class.


   Thank-you for the food, the food, the glorious, glorious food!
   For the animals, for the vegetable, for the minerals that make it possible.
     We sign as we sing. At that moment inspiration struck. I started signing without sound.

    In silence all the children and adults signed together. Then very softly I started singing and heard, to my delight, little voices joining together. To be unified, as a group is powerful and doing it with 2-3 year -olds is memorizing. I will always remember it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?