Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Keep Your Head Covered

  I happened by an art gallery window in the wee hours of day, kind of still night, and noticed a hat display.


   Theses hats are works of art but really hat making was an art that flourished into the 1940's. My own family history has a line of milliners who loved their trade.


My grandmother had several sisters who made hats and one, Tante Lina, had her own business, She apprenticed my Tante Hunni in her establishment. Below Tante Berta shows off one of her favorites.



 It got me thinking of my own christmas hat which I purchased to protect me from rain. I am getting used to the attention I get when I wear it. It just isn't as fashionable right now to have a hat but my coat is lacking a hood and it is raining everyday. What is a woman to do?


                                 Hats are in my family and I am ready when they come back in style. (My grandmother, my mother, me, my granddaughter…four generations of hats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?