Friday, February 1, 2013

Gifts Received and Given

    I received the most amazing gift from a friend . The inside was fabulous and the outside was truly inspired. Made from all natural items the wrapping made me swoon. The paper was bark from a tree and the bow was intertwined with leaves, moss and curly twigs. I waited days to open the gift because I could not bear to ruin the wrapping.


    I mailed a little gift to my granddaughter Olivia. I hope she likes the fabric I found at our local quilting store. It was perfect.


  The Pig on the pillow is Olivia and she is super cool with her iPod  and great backpacks. Don' have a sewing machine so this gift was stitched by hand with love for my almost 5 year old sweetie.

1 comment:

  1. You have a very special friend -- and talented to boot. What a gorgeously wrapped gift -- I would wait to open it too.
    The gift you made for your granddaughter is equally as full of beauty simply because of how/why you chose the fabric but also because you sewed it by hand. I still have an apron my mother sewed, by hand, for me over 40 years ago. I can't bear to wear it anymore because the stitching is finally wearing after all these years and I want to keep it -- it's so special simply because she made it by hand.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?