Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Do I Like Parties?



  I have been celebrating a lot with women in my family and I have been wondering if I like parties? It is my nature to like the creating of an event but then finding the execution unwieldy. Some celebrations are active and the party is all about doing things together while others are about socializing and eating. The active parties require great organization to make sure all the details work for everyone. and the food parties take a lot of time to prep and cleanup. Even though you won't find me partying just for fun, I do respect the more social members of my family who can put on a grand celebration.  
    How about a letter boxing scavenger hunt? Leave clues, even pictures as clues, in different places in your neighborhood. Then set out with your friends and hunt for them.


    When everyone has documented that they have reached every clue, by stamping in their tiny field handbooks, have lunch at the park.


If you are just turning one it is surely time for a big food bash. Invite five or six families with toddlers and put out a spread.


     Decorations are a must so have family over to help with the preparations. 


   When it is time for your first cake be sure to invite everyone around to document that you have survived one full year of a great life.


   I find that taking an interest in what others care about is different than doing things the way others would. I certainly can be less party hardy and still enjoy meeting and being with new people and help make celebrations meaningful.
   Guacamole anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?