Friday, December 12, 2014

Prepare

    Should we emotionally prepare for loss? That is a question my daughter asked of me one week ago when she felt great anxiety over a relationship which she felt was going to be lost. A foreboding enveloped her conscious mind. I had no answers. Then yesterday the break-up happened. I watched the tears course down her face. This loss was real now. He was choosing to walk away from a tenuous connection.


    Preparing for the "other shoe to drop" sounds practical and safe. But, I know there is a devastating consequence to practicing tragedy. When the joy in today is dampened by a potential loss tomorrow suffering is magnified. Think about how Jesus stayed connected to each moment with the full knowledge and acceptance of his coming sacrifice. How could he have opened his heart to his disciples  if he projected his energy on his impending death. Loss is part of the package in this mortal life. We come already fresh from losing our physical proximity to our Heavenly Family. The one hope we fuel diligently is the hope of being reunited to Him again. I have so few answers for my lovely daughter who deserves a husband and children. I can't show her tomorrow. I can hold her today.

   
     I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Poor girl! Wise advise. I used to live anticipating the other shoe dropping, the tragedy happening. But then I cut myself off from the land of the living to protect my heart which only served to make my heart hard and painfully lonely. not a good way to live at all. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?