Friday, January 15, 2016

Time

Take time, lose time, stretch time, spend time, waste time, we seem obsessed with the ethereal concept of time.



   I'm going to meditate for 15 minutes. In and out, my breath seems jagged. Wish I had more stomach muscles so that I could feel them engage when I hold my breath. Hold my breath? Why am I holding my breath? Oh yeah, extend your breath by slightly holding at the inhale and the exhale. My foot feels jammed into the floor. I should put a blanket on my mat to make it softer. Knees are tight but not bad. Ahh, my knees, when will I get a doctor's opinion about whether they are shot? I hate doctors. No time to start that process. I'm holding my breath again. Long exhale.........I should scan my shoulders. Are they tight? Tiny twinge in my neck. That is where I hold all my tension. I'll put my shoulders back and sit up straighter. That feels good. Has it been 15 minutes yet? Peeking at the clock......What, only three minutes have passed. I think I may found the secret to stopping time. Meditation!



I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

More about mindfulness here.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love it. I think I would so do the same thing. Either that, or fall asleep. Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am reaching for the half time you mentioned in your blog post.

      Delete
  2. So that's the secret- I knew there had to be a way! I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?