Monday, July 11, 2016

Mindful Monday- Our Spirit Essence

"Made of light, truth, and intelligence, as well as the love inherent in that holy substance, we understand that at our deepest center there exists a reservoir of pure, selfless love which flows through each of us, like a hidden underground spring. We are love that does not yet perceive itself. The Natural Man has covered up the well and created a hard shell over the heart- but love is still there"
M.Catherine Thomas, Light In The Wilderness







   If I had a window to view my soul or my spiritual mind, what would I see or perceive?  Paul says, 'For now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face.....". If my spiritual mind is made of light, truth, intelligence, and all of these qualities are infused with love, what does that mean to me?
   I understand that light is energy. There is high energy and low energy. High energy makes  my spirit and body work together in synchronicity. It feels like the sensation I get when I am playing the piano and I am in complete alignment with the steady beat. There is a lightness and ease. Low energy, on the other hand, has a stumbling, heavy feeling. I invite low energy into my mind when I entertain negative thoughts, anger, fear, or any emotions that sap energy. 
    This then brings us to truth. My spirit mind is made of truth. I can understand that low energy thinking and activities obstruct truth.  Also, the natural mind can make the truth hazy due to experiences I have not dealt with. But, in my spirit essence there is capacity to embrace truth.


"for the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really care, and of things as they really will be;"
                                                           Jacob 4:14 

              So what does it mean that our spirit is made of intelligence? Is it that I am smart? 


"Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be. All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence."
                                    Doctrine and Covenants 93:29

   The intelligence in my spirit has always existed. It is free to act. I can choose to resist being acted upon. I can choose to surround myself with energy of light. I can choose to understand truth. It may seem difficult through the eyes of my Natural Mind but I have power. So, where do I get that power? 


"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
                                                                                                          Genesis 2:7 

  I  was created in the image of God and it is with his love, light, truth, and intelligence that I exist. I am his daughter and out of supreme love, his Son, my Savior, made it possible for me to awaken to this fact and become purified to return to a state of innocence. Through the grace of Jesus Christ I can bask in this love, abide in it, and at some future time go home to be again in the presence of my Father.

I have attempted to answer some questions I posed last week. But what am I below, or perhaps, above these layers of the Natural Mind?  What does my Spiritual Mind understand? I still know so very little but I am learning.

             You can read more about my Year of Mindfulness here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?