Friday, May 26, 2017

Visit

Coming Into A Community Changes From First Visit To Long Time Connection

I visited Five Minute Friday because I found the writing of Lisa Jo Baker. She gathered me in with many others. The first post I shared was three years ago, almost to the day. The word prompt was hands and I was reveling in the joy of using my hands to hold brand new twin grandchildren.


I searched for other Christian women who could share the journey they traveled,  writing about their exemplar, Jesus Christ. I was shy at first to write candidly, but each visit made me bolder. I made friends, some I follow to this day. It was uncanny how I could see the growth in these women from week to week. Improving my writing voice was second to learning about all of you. Thank-you, Lisa Jo and Kate for keeping us together.





 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday Group for three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.

13 comments:

  1. Five Minute Friday has been wonderful for me as well. It's kept me writing when I wanted to quit and helped me connect with other women when I was afraid to reach out. I'm so glad we are both part of this community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon Five Minute Friday last week so I'm very new to the community. I can see that it will be a treasure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your three year anniversary! I look forward to connecting with everyone over time. Nice #fmfparty post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to find you as you relaunched your blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm excited to see how God grows my ministry. What so you like best about my new blog? I'm always looking for feedback. :-D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in with a cheery word or two.

      Delete
  5. Your posts always seem to be filled with grace, Gabriele. Glad to have met up with you on this journey that is becoming community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Improving my writing voice was second to learning about all of you"... pretty much sums up what I believe we all feel in this space. This is such a refreshing community experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad our visits have turned into a regular connection and I'm grateful for the way this community helps us grow and the friendships we have made.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?