Friday, September 21, 2018

Complete

Complete Is Not The Same as Finished

I am intentional about watching sunrises. I drive to a looking place just minutes from my home and I wait. Each minute something changes. The clouds affect the colors, the water catches reflections of light, the birds move and take flight suddenly, and the sound of the waves make a soothing rhythm. When the sun comes over the horizon the sunrise is not finished but it is complete.


That cycle is complete. And so it us for us a children of God. We are never finished but we are complete, whole, when His grace allows us another day. I imagine what our earth looks like as it rotates around the sun. Half the time in darkness and then that return to the exposure of the sun. In German that return is called Umkehr. I picked that word to walk with me through 2018. I am always comforted by the sunrise and the return of day.





4 comments:

  1. I am so glad we were neighbors this morning! This post is a beautiful reflection. So grateful for the reminder that while we are completed in Christ, we are not finished. His grace at work in our lives is unending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey FMF friend. Where do you live? Love that water scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Gabriele! And the photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunrise photos and post! I appreciate you showing us the difference between "complete" and "finished." --Angela (FMF25)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?