Friday, April 24, 2020

Perspective


The divisions of Perspective are three;
as used in drawing; of these, the first includes the diminution in size of opaque objects; the second treats of the diminution and loss of outline in such opaque objects; the third, of the diminution and loss of color at long distances.
Leonardo DaVinci

No matter how much I'd like it to be so, my understanding of life is filtered by my perspective and my perspective is not totally accurate. As in drawing, when we paint what we see we discover there are distortions of reality. But our painting shows what we see even when our mind knows that the size of an object in real life is not as it is in our rendering.




Hence we need spiritual revelation. We so desperately need heavenly light to illuminate the truth of all things.
In a world where the truth is distorted by well meaning experts and purposeful deceivers, where can we turn for an accurate perspective?

To Him.



"The spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore it speaketh of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be;"
Jacob 4:13


3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for the peace that comes from trusting the Lord, especially in these challenging times we are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is so much confusion and false information out there. We definitely need God's perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see stuff as I see it,
    and paint it all that way;
    though opinions may be split,
    I like when people say
    that my eye has caught their truth,
    and that the brush-strokes speak
    a kind of gentle living proof
    of what they truly seek.
    I'm not Frederic Remington,
    or Turner, or Renoir;
    in the place where I come from,
    comparison's a bore,
    'cause all those dudes' careers have run,
    and I'm still paintin', havin' fun.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?