Friday, January 8, 2016

First

                                                            Mindful Eating



I have a problem. I am missing out. Eating could be more enjoyable if I savored more. So first I need to use my senses. It can start with preparation. Bring my mind to the lush green of the kale. Feel the knife move through the cells of the fresh greens. The freshly washed leaves curl and twist protecting themselves from division. They burst with life. Move slowly and with gratitude. My Heavenly Father has provided me with plenty. 


    First acknowledge Him in prayer, then breathe. His power sustains the kale. His power sustains my very ability to be on this planet. Savor the sight, the smell, the taste of life.




I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

More about mindfulness here.

8 comments:

  1. Really lovely and a wonderful reminder to myself to slow down, enjoy and savor. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you describe that slowing down can help us focus on the little things and make us more aware of all the blessings God gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo. Yes I need to savor more too. I'm over in the #6 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara, thanks for coming by. I'll be over to see what is first in your writing.

      Delete
  4. I agree. When I look at the array of colors that fruit and vegetables have, it reminds me that God really did know what he was doing when it came to food. They say you eat first with your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough lesson in a fast food world.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?