Sunday, September 20, 2015

31 Days in October

       I am joining Kate Motaung and others who are writing every day in October. My intention is to record my reactions and feelings about Brené Brown's newest book, "Rising Strong". My interest in Dr. Brown's research goes back years. I wrote about The Gifts Of Imperfection and Daring Greatly in previous posts. Recording my thoughts and reactions was most helpful. The concepts stayed in my mind longer and I was able to apply her ideas to my life more readily. I welcome comments, especially by those who have read the book or who will read the book, eventually. The issues Dr. Brown addresses are current and applicable to everyone. Often I will include stories from the scriptures because I draw on the relationships others have with God as a source of understanding. Jesus, after all, was the first to rise strong and his mission is to bring us out and redeem us.



   October 1- An Invitation To Wholeheartedness
   October 2- Rising Strong? From What?
   October 3- The Three R's
   October 4- The Stories We Tell
   October 5- The Stormy First Draft
   October 6- A Funny First Draft
   October 7- What Is Going On With My Emotions?
   October 8- Chandeliering Our Emotions
   October 9- Bouncing Hurt
   October 10- Rumbling With Unmet Expectations and Disappointments
   October 11- Numbing Hurt
   October 12- Rumbling With Accountability and Perfectionism
   October 13- Stockpiling Emotion And The Fear of High Centering
   October 14- In You Must Go
   October 15- Integrate Our Stories
   October 16- The Delta Is Green
   October 17- Rumbling With Boundaries
   October 18-What Are Scofflaws and Sewer Rats?
   October 19-Are We Doing The Best We Can?
   October 20-Rumbling With Creativity
   October 21-Creativity, A Pathway to Integration
   October 22- Rumbling With Need
   October 23- The Joy Of Needing Help
   October 24- My Key Learnings About Being a Helper and Needing Help
   October 25- Is Failure Recycleable?
   October 26- Shame and Failure
   October 27- Discussion Of Service
   October 28- You Gotta Dance With Them That Bring You
   October 29- Key Learnings For Me
   October 30- Class With Brené Brown
   October 31- Manifesto Of The Brave And Brokenhearted

The links will become live as they are posted.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to follow your post. I did not know Brene had out a new book. I look forward to your insight. I am participating in the 31 Days challenge as well. I am number 75 under personal endeavors. Mine is called 31 Days of Discovery. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Shari. I really like your discovery journal ideas.

      Delete

What do you think?