Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Whimsical Writings Wednesday- My Bed


"Your best T-shirt should be like your bed; it just feels like you are home when you are in it".

  Ashton Kutcher


Last July, my husband and I were window shopping and we decided to go into a mattress store. He was playful that day and decided to try out all the mattresses. He climbed on each bed in his camo jacket and boots and patted the bed next to him to induce me to go along. We both knew which ones we liked and they were expensive. Never in a million years did I think we would be coming home with a delivery date of a new luxurious mattress with memory foam and springs. 




   To be honest, the springs on our old mattress were pushing their way into delicate parts of my frame. It was not a luxury but really a necessity. Sometimes in a marriage you get stuck in the cycle of taking care of essential things, not fully understanding what is essential.
   As in all new possessions, I am used to to the bed now. I try to remind myself what I had before to stay appreciative of my great bed.

I am joining Ann Dee Ellis and other writers in using a prompt                        to record  memoir moments. If you don't write your story, who will?



2 comments:

  1. "Sometimes in a marriage you get stuck in the cycle of taking care of essential things, not fully understanding what is essential." Truth.

    On a lighter note: what bed did you end up with? I've been putting off buying a new bed for fear of the price and for buying the wrong one. The last one was the wrong one. And I love the quilt and the light in the window. What a glorious window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mattress is one of those "invisible" things in a home. My husband and I didn't even know how bad ours was until we went shopping for one a few years back. One of life's luxuries!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?