Monday, January 29, 2018

Eliminating The Problematic

“We believe you should consume only foods (and drinks) that support normal, healthy digestive function; eating anything that impairs the integrity of your gut impairs the integrity of your health.” 


There are three days left on my Whole30 diet. I followed the invitation of my One Little Word, Umkehr and eliminated added sugars, grains, legumes, and dairy. 

                  



This was a return, Umkehr, to a cleaner diet which I tried in the past for a shorter duration. Now, because I am going to carry on another month, I will give an accounting of the results after one month.

  • Much less digestive rumblings
  • My face is very smooth, rough surface gone
  • I am able to fall asleep quickly
  • Weight loss of 7 pounds
  • I can move easier, less joint inflammation
There is one food family I will introduce back into my diet. Legumes will be the returning ingredient this month. With a dash of dark chocolate. I've missed it!


  January is destined to become a memorable month. Click here to see some other Umkehr challenges in the future.


Maybe I should have picked Rubato for my word this year since it is the name of my mystery novel. 

“Rubato is a musical term which means temporarily leaving a strict tempo to allow an expressive quickening or slowing, usually without altering the overall pace."



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?