Monday, February 19, 2018

Returning To Past Successes

Some practices, oft repeated get stale
Bring them back...


Like many people I have occasional bouts of insomnia. I found relief in sleep stories. My Calm App has stories, recorded by various popular personalities, made to lull you into peaceful slumber. The stories aren't boring but they become slower and quieter as the narrative progresses. I rarely hear the whole thing. 
  Somewhere along the way I forgot about the success I had falling asleep. This month I'm working on meditating everyday and coming back (Umkehr) to sleep stories is such a good idea. 
  What do you use to fall asleep?

****************************************************


And, I thank-you for reading my mystery novel, Rubato. Judith, a piano teacher extraordinaire, makes a decision which, upon reflection, changes the lives of others, not for the better.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?