Friday, March 16, 2018

Provide

"The Lord my pasture will prepare

And feed me with a shepherd’s care.
His presence will my want supply
And guard me with a watchful eye.
My noonday walks he will attend
And all my silent midnight hours defend."

The Lord has provided for me. I have evidence. He has blessed my family with enough to progress spiritually and physically. I used to tell my husband that God always grants us enough, but just enough, because he knows we would squander our gifts if we had more than enough. Many times when we were struggling financially my husband would be asked to do overtime hours. My greedy little mind would add together the extra income and I would pre-spend the excess. Then we would receive an unexpected bill and the extra money would just cover the new expense. Just enough.





That "just enough" provision was not mirrored in my spiritual life. There God granted more than enough. When my emotional health flagged he would open my eyes to see beauty. Even in a sunrise he would teach me that he had more than enough to flood my senses. I am ever so grateful for his provisions and I desire to have more faith. You see, I still after all these years worry that I might not have enough in the future.



****************************************************************************
My Novel Rubato

A Mystery With a Musical Theme.

A piano teacher is found dead and a lost autograph manuscript of Franz Liszt is discovered. Where did it come from and why was it so valuable?









2 comments:

  1. Your photo is beautiful as are your thoughts. It is so true that we can often trust God for provision in one area, and doubt in another. May we trust Him to provide in all things and that His provision will be for our good. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, even though I have seen God provide many times, there are still times when I worry about the future. I need to remember that he knows exactly what we need and that we can trust him to provide.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?