Friday, March 2, 2018

Regret

Will I regret my action, even if it was for the greater good?

My husband and I were debating the notion that for the greater good we sometimes do things that are not in line with our values. Does the greater good hold priority? 



This is a theme in my novel Rubato. Judith has a passion for the work of Franz Liszt. When she finds a long forgotten autograph manuscript of a Hungarian Rhapsody in the basement of the Liszt museum, she takes it home. It is a matter of protecting a treasure so that it is not lost or used as a commodity by someone who would sell it to the highest bidder. As the story unfolds, she regrets her actions. The manuscript ends up in a tug of war between several people who go to extreme lengths to claim it as their own. 

It is always a current theme whether it appears in the Bible or a best seller. It usually ends in regret. 

Stay In Your Own Lane

What you know is right is always the best course.



*********************************************************
A piano teacher is found dead and a lost autograph manuscript of Franz Liszt is discovered. Who wanted that document enough to kill? 












2 comments:

  1. I fear for many today, they don't know what's right. But when we do know right, we must keep with its truth. Good analogy Gabrielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a thought-provoking question, Gabriele! I'm not sure how to answer it right now but you've certainly got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?