Monday, June 4, 2018

Halfway Through Check In

                                 In Progress
This month I will ask mid year evaluation questions


A Mid-Year Check In To See How Things Are Going And Reconnect



     In one or two words, your OLW experience so far has been:


Pushy, Direct

              What has surprised you most so far this year?


  In a world that values novelty and brand new things it surprised me that returning to what I previously attempted has been the most productive.
  For example; the creative pursuits I had in high school and college are now taking up new space in my life. Art and writing were very attractive to me forty years ago and I waddled into those experiences with a huge "I'm not good enough" cloud over my head. I put them away telling myself that raising children was the priority now. Truthfully, I put them away because I didn't receive the validation from others I thought I needed.
  It is different now. Being better at painting or writing than others is just not important anymore. I don't have another forty years to wait to prove myself. What I have now is enough.



"She went back to all that was comfortable and familiar while keeping her gaze looking ahead- to all that would be and could."

Colleen Attara

              What are you most proud of related to your word?


I am most proud of the fact that I have been inspired by this little word to come back, return to what is wholesome and nurturing. Seeing my word in many places around my house has kept my wandering heart open and willing.


********************************************

Click here to see a table of contents of how this word has become a focus in my life this year.



1 comment:

  1. "I don't have another forty years to prove myself." Profound.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?