Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary To Me

Thirty seven years ago I married the man I felt God had sent to me.
Our relationship grew while I was dating his roommate. His roommate was trying to get over an ex-fiance, so I discussed my frustrations often with, well, I'll call him my Piano Guy. (more about that title later). Our friendship was spiritually based and I flourished under our many lengthy talks. Soon I felt I knew his very soul and I felt myself attach to this long, tall Texan. It took him much longer to come around, in fact it took divine revelation to get him to commit because he was just lilly-livered about marriage. We were just kids but I felt we were both learning to submit to God and marrying each other was the by-product of becoming fully commited our Father.
So after five children and only five moves we are still talking up a storm and most of the time doing that quite calmly. I admire his intelligence, his tenacity, and his faithfulness which I am grateful for every night when I hear his little snores. I'd rather be with him than anyone else.
He and I complement each other very well. I teach piano, he tunes pianos. I like to learn new things, he likes to tell me what he has learned. I love food and he loves to be fed. He loves giving his grandchildren anything they ask for, I like holding back a little for a later surprise. He does the laundry and takes out the trash, I pay the bills and decide how to spend his money. He likes listening to music and I like to make music. He named himself the Piano Guy so that he could easily introduce himself to his clients.
I love you, Piano Guy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?