Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bringing Nature Home

     I have a bouquet of Rhododendrons within some twigs of lilac on my toilet. Yes, in that very private place I have a bit of nature.


 And do you know what? It looks awesome there because the walls are white, the toilet is white, and my window sill has just a bit of black and white stripe to frame it. Bringing some nature home moves my sensibilities. It perks up my eyesight and strengthens my connection to my surroundings.
   Speaking of surroundings, I have noticed some amazing art right in my little town. For example, look what is showing at the Lumber Yard.


   Next to these plant cages I marveled at the colors of yard furniture. I really need one of each color, don't you think?


   Across the road a row of white tree trunks claimed my eye. It took many shots to find just the right angle to block out the parking lot of not so photogenic cars.


                          While visiting my grandchildren on the mainland I enjoyed their trees.


 The trees create a ground cover as beautiful as the branches. Check out what the camellia tree left on the ground.


Bring nature home literally and in the lens of your camera.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a wonderfully colorful tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much 'art' surrounds us. All we need to do is open our eyes and see. Wonderful images!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?