Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Every Fifteen Minutes

   I have a few key people in my life who assist me in keeping my body active and functioning well. They are sharing their gifts with me and I in return teach them piano, or their children piano. For at least six months my Pilates teacher has been asking that I visit a Physical Therapist to check an alignment issue with my left side body. I procrastinated until I finally quit making excuses and did as I was told. Farnes is now on board to see what can be done to strength muscles and heal the tissue. The RX consists of doing 16 stretches, one, for one minute, every fifteen minutes throughout the day. I don't mind telling you that this made my head whirl. How was I to accomplish that? So, the question was, "do I want to see results?" Once I gave in I began the logistics of this new routine. Enter the ever trusty I-Phone.


  Yes, every fifteen minutes a bell sounds and I am reminded to stretch, just for one minute. It is working fairly well. Of course there are times when the bell goes unheeded but I see that my body is appreciating this ever present lengthening.
  My granddaughter has been my avid helpmate. She sees her mother doing stretches as well. When she hears my phone she jumps up and finds a place to stretch.


   Her form needs refinement but her spirit is in shape for sure. She is never too busy to respond to the little bell. Hmm..I could learn from that young example.


1 comment:

  1. handy little things...that bell....and your granddaughter. good, good, good for you! you have far more determination than i do. i'm so grateful you're seeing farnes....he will fix you. thanks for seeing him. i love you,
    jenni

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?